Dates: 8th to 12th August 2022
Time: 2-4 Monday to Friday
Venue: Active Learning Room, Student Hub
Overview of the Week
- Getting to know one another. Us as individuals and as a group.
- Introduction to Development Education.
- Some global challenges.
- Global Citizenship.
- Framing GCDE.
- Active citizenship.
- Guest speaker Mr. Ade Adekeye on the theme of taking a justice and human rights approach to societal challenges, both local and global.
- GCDE components.
- Case studies with guest speaker from staff member Ms. Martha Phelan discussing her case study.
- Discussion / informal presentation of participants plans
- Interdisciplinary approaches and partnerships
- Next steps